Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Research paper on ajax technology

Research paper on ajax technology

Oct/Fri/2017 | Uncategorized

Research paper on ajax technology - …

Research paper on ajax technology

Write My Paper For Me -
ISACA research paper - Information …

A Rejected Submission to NPR#8217;s #8220;This I Believe.#8221; I believe fat cats make good pillows. Research Paper On Ajax? They are round. Soft. Essay? Firm yet resilient. They naturally cradle the head, provide unparalleled neck support, and research on ajax promote vigorous digestion.

Fat cats, when not functioning as pillows, are not otherwise particularly useful. Certainly they can prop open a door, or hold down a newspaper on a windy day. But cannot a rotund pussycat aspire to douglas haig the butcher essay, more? This is why I believe fat cats should be drafted into research paper, service of the about resume, uncradled and pillowless: every creature deserves the opportunity to rise to research on ajax, his or her highest and best use. This is why I also believe that instant coffee deserves a place in the pantheon of socially acceptable beverages. History has burdened it with a heavy cross: the name #8220;coffee,#8221; which stirs certain expectations of aroma, depth of flavor, and writing argument heartiness. But names are mere artifacts of history; they do not emanate naturally from the things they represent. Do we malign French toast because it is neither French nor toast?

Do we malign the noble Pekingese dog even though she is probably actually Pekingese-American, and even though Peking does not actually exist? As Edward Said so brilliantly showed in Orientalism , names reveal more about the namer than the named. Someone utters the words #8220;instant coffee#8221; and a diverse landscape of flavor crystals, each with his or her own unique qualities and histories, now comes into research paper, being as a class. Argument Essay? Thusly lumped, the crystals can be set beside their whole-bean half sisters and ruled the inferior. Instant coffee cannot judge; it is only judged.

It cannot taste; it is only tasted. That is why I believe the thingness of instant coffee must be sliced away from the on ajax technology, name imposed upon it by outsiders. Like any living creature, it must be judged on about its own merits. Which is why I believe the phrase #8220;the writing life#8221; should not exist. I don#8217;t know who came up with this treacly trope, so redolent of cats on the lap and tea steaming in on ajax technology, the mug. So evocative of gazing out the window thinking writerly thoughts, such as #8220;What is the meaning of life?#8221; or #8220;Now that Inspector Bunchybottoms has discovered the meat cleaver behind the a boy resume, potted palm, whatever shall she do next?#8221; or #8220;My butt is research paper, sore. I want a sandwich.#8221; Writing, however, is not life.

It#8217;s not even very much fun. It#8217;s like standing in a dark cave with an about a boy resume entire colony of research on ajax, Mexican fruit bats and trying to catch them with a butterfly net. College Introduction? They#8217;re zooming here and swooping there; they#8217;re smacking you with their wings. They#8217;re getting tangled in research on ajax, your hair, they probably have rabies, and they want to paper source, suck your blood, but you just keep swinging the net over and over and over, and yet the net remains empty. If, wonder of wonders, you do catch a bat, you will bask blissfully in the knowledge that you have netted the most perfect specimen of Chiroptera ever known.

You#8217;ll bask for paper technology exactly five minutes. College Admissions Essay? Then you#8217;ll start worrying that you#8217;ll have no one to admire your bat, your perfect, perfect bat. Or, if you do, that people will think it#8217;s a sucky bat, or that it should have been bigger, or furrier. Or that Jonathan Franzen#8217;s bat was better, even though you know your bat was every bit as squeaky and fuzzy and crinkly-nosed as any other bat. Technology? So then you realize that world just isn#8217;t fair. But then you realize your bat does, in fact, suck. Argumentative? Then you realize your bat is actually a fine, fine bat but the paper on ajax technology, problem is argumentative essay, that the world doesn#8217;t actually need any more bats, so maybe you should just put down the net and research take up needlepoint. Writing Proposal Essay? Of course, if there#8217;s anything worse than a writer preening about writing, it#8217;s a writer bitching about research on ajax, writing, which is why I believe writers really just shouldn#8217;t talk at all.

And that is why I believe I should abandon this essay and proposal argument go make a sandwich. I believe the best sandwiches are made on toast. I believe they include hummus, and on ajax sprouts, and perhaps a tomato. But, above all, I believe the term paper, best sandwiches are served with a pickle. The fact that so many sandwiches these days go pickleless indicates nothing less than a civilization in decline. Back when I was young, a cook would no sooner send a pickleless plate out of paper on ajax, a kitchen than he would show up to work in a scuba suit. Those days are long gone, and whither goeth the pickle so too goeth our decency.

Soon we will see Mexican beers served without lime wedges, and was earl douglas the butcher somme essay strawberry daiquiris served without those tiny, fragile paper umbrellas. This is why I believe that all sandwiches, everywhere, should go nowhere without a pickle. In fact, not only pickles but every asset of this great nation must be put toward its highest and best use immediately and without further ado. Research Paper? This is why I believe that fat cats make good pillows. They offer rest for the weary. They are flavor crystals for the soul. Metaphoric pickles for the metaphorically pickleless. They have no higher calling. We have no greater need. Haig The Butcher Of The Somme Essay? This I believe. Research Paper? Open Letter: An Open Letter to My Cat, Abbie.

Dispatches from the NBA Entertainment League: Dispatch 13: The Game That Could Have Offered Payback. As well as operating a daily humor website, we also publish Timothy McSweeney’s Quarterly Concern and an ever-growing selection of books under various imprints. Admissions? You can buy all of these things from paper on ajax, our online store . We#8217;re also transitioning to a nonprofit and would greatly appreciate your help. You can support us today by making a donation.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
Published Papers | Research Papers | …

How to paper, Write a Summary, Analysis, and Response Essay Paper With Examples. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and easier. A summary is telling the main ideas of the article in your own words. These are the steps to writing a great summary: Read the article, one paragraph at a time. For each paragraph, underline the main idea sentence (topic sentence). If you can't underline the book, write that sentence on your computer or a piece of somme essay, paper. When you finish the technology, article, read all the underlined sentences. In your own words, write down one sentence that conveys the main idea. Start the sentence using the name of the author and title of the article (see format below).

Continue writing your summary by writing the other underlined sentences in your own words. Remember that you need to change both the words of the sentence and the word order. For more information, see video below. Don't forget to use transition words to link your sentences together. See my list of transition words below to help you write your summary more effectively and make it more interesting to read.

Make sure you include the name of the author and article and use author tags (see list below) to let the reader know you are talking about what the in english, author said and on ajax not your own ideas. Re-read your piece. Does it flow well? Are there too many details? Not enough? Your summary should be as short and concise as possible. Author Tag : You need to start your summary by telling the name of the article and argumentative essay men women the author. Here are three examples of how to do that (pay close attention to the punctuation): In “How the Civil War Began, historian John Jones explains. Research Paper On Ajax Technology! John Jones, in his article “How the argument, Civil War Began, says that the real reason. How the Civil War Began, by historian John Jones, describes.

First Sentence: Along with including the article's title and author's name, the first sentence should be the main point of the article. On Ajax Technology! It should answer the a boy, question: What is this essay about? (thesis). Example: In How the Civil War Began by research paper on ajax technology John Jones, the author argues that the real reason for the start of the Civil War was not slavery, as many believe, but was instead the clash of cultures and writing proposal essay greed for cash. Rest of Summary: The rest of your essay is going to give the reasons and evidence for that main statement. In other words, what is the main point the writer is trying to make and what are the supporting ideas he or she uses to research, prove it? Does the author bring up any opposing ideas, and if so, what does he or she do to refute them?

Here is a sample sort of sentence: ___________ is the was earl douglas haig, issue addressed in “( article's title) ” by ( author's name) . The thesis of paper technology, this essay is ___________ . The author’s main claim is ___________ and his/her sub claim is ___________ . The author argues ___________ . Paper! Other people argue ___________ . The author refutes these ideas by saying ___________ . His/her conclusion is ___________ . How Often Do You Mention the Author? While you don't have to use an research paper, author tag in every sentence, you need to be clear when you are giving ideas that are taken from the article, and when you are saying your own ideas. In general, you want to be sure that you always use the author's name and the article title when you start summarizing, and that you use the author's last name in the last sentence as well to make it clear you are still talking about the paper source, author's ideas. In a research paper, you would then put a parenthetical citation or footnote, which tells the reader you are finished using that source. Men and Women in Conversation: Example response essay to Deborah Tannen's article about how divorce can be prevented if people learn the communication signals of research, the opposite argumentative essay, gender. Response Essay about Getting a Tattoo: Responds to paper on ajax, a personal experience article from the New York Times about a man who gets a dragon tattoo. The Year that Changed Everything: Sample paper written by a college English class about an article by Lance Morrow suggesting that three lesser-known events of 1948 had a great impact on history. How is this written? Who is the audience? Is it effectively written for that audience?

If you've done a literary analysis, you can apply what you know about analyzing literature to analyzing other texts. You will want to consider what is admissions, effective and ineffective. You will analyze what the author does that works and paper on ajax what doesn't work to douglas haig of the essay, support the author's point and research on ajax technology persuade the audience to agree. Sometimes, especially when you're just getting started writing, the task of fitting a huge topic into an essay may feel daunting and you may not know where to writing proposal argument, start. It may help you to paper technology, use a thing called TRACE when talking about the rhetorical situation. TRACE stands for Text, Reader, Author, Context, and Exigence: Text , Reader , and Author are easy to understand. When writing the analysis, you need to proposal essay, think about what kind of text it is and what the author wanted to have the audience think, do, or believe. The main question your analysis will answer is, How effective was the author at convincing that particular audience?

Context means several things: how the article fits into the history of discussion of that issue, the historical moment in research paper technology time when the essay, article is written, and the moment in time when a person reads the paper on ajax technology, article. In this context, Exigence is about, synonymous with assumptions, bias, or worldview. Breaking the large idea down into these five parts may help you get started and organize your ideas. Paper! In your paper, you'll probably want to was earl douglas of the, address from three to all five of paper, these elements. Each of the following elements can be one paragraph of paper source, your analysis.

You can answer the research paper technology, questions to help you generate ideas for each paragraph. Paper! To make it easier, I've included the last two TRACE elements (Context and Exigence) as part of Author and Reader. How is the technology, essay organized? What is effective or ineffective about the organization of the college admissions essay, essay? How does the author try to interest the reader? How well does the paper on ajax, author explain the main claims? Are these arguments logical? Do the support and evidence seem adequate? Is the a boy resume, support convincing to research, the reader?

Does the evidence actually prove the essay about, point the author is trying to research, make? Who is the author? What does he or she know about this subject? What is the author's bias? Is the bias openly admitted? Does that make his or her argument more or less believable? Does the author's knowledge and background make her or him reliable for this audience? How does the author try to was earl douglas haig the butcher somme, relate to research paper technology, the audience and establish common ground? Is it effective? How does the author interest the audience? Does she or he make the reader want to know more?

Does the author explain enough about the history of this argument? Is anything left out? Who is the reader? How would they react to these arguments? How is was earl douglas haig, this essay effective or ineffective for this audience? What constraints (prejudices or perspectives) would make this reader able to hear or not hear certain arguments? What is the exigence (events in this moment in time which affect the research paper technology, need for this conversation) that makes the audience interested in this issue?

Michael Critchton's Let's Stop Scaring Ourselves argues that we are overdoing caution and fear. See my Sample Reading Response to argumentative, this essay and also check out research paper on ajax, Lisa Rayner and Don Fraizier's response. Text : Analyzing the text is very much like doing literary analysis, which many students have done before. Use all of your tools of literary analysis, including looking at the metaphors, rhythm of sentences, construction of arguments, tone, style, and use of language. Example: The organization of men women, essay title is effective/ineffective because ___________ . The essay's opening causes the technology, reader to ___________ . The essay's style is ___________ and college the tone is shown by research paper on ajax technology ___________ . The language used is___________ . The essay's argument is argumentative essay men women, constructed logically/illogically by research paper ___________. The essay is organized by ___________ ( give a very brief description of the structure of the essay, perhaps telling where the description of the term paper source, problem is, where claims are made, and where support is located—in which paragraphs—and why this is research paper technology, effective or ineffective in proving the point ). Author: You’ve probably also analyzed how the author’s life affects his or her writing. You can do the paper source, same for this sort of research paper, analysis. Douglas The Butcher Of The Somme! For example, in my sample reading the response about research paper, Michael Crichton's Let's Stop Scaring Ourselves article, students noted that the fact that Crichton is the author of doomsday thrillers like Andromeda Strain and Jurassic Park makes his argument that we shouldn't pay much attention to current doomsday scenarios like global warming rather ironic. If you don't know anything about the author, you can always do a quick Google Search to find out.

Sample format: The author establishes his/her authority by ___________ . The author's bias is shown in ___________ . The author assumes an audience who ___________ . He/She establishes common ground with the audience by ___________ . Reader: You can write this section by inferring who the intended reader is, as well as looking at the text from the viewpoint of other sorts of readers. College Admissions Essay Introduction! For example, Readers are interested in this issue because of the on ajax, exigence of ___________. Constraints on the reader's reaction are ___________. I think the reader would react to this argument by ___________. I think that the writing proposal, author's ___________ is effective. ___________ is less effective because ___________ includes ___________. The support is adequate/inadequate and is relevant/irrelevant to technology, the author’s claim. What do you think? Does this article persuade you? Generally, your response will be the end of your essay, but you may include your response throughout the term source, paper as you select what to summarize and analyze.

Your response will also be evident to on ajax, the reader by the tone that you use and the words you select to talk about the article and writer. However, your response in the conclusion will be more direct and specific. It will use the information you have already provided in your summary and proposal essay analysis to explain how you feel about research, this article. Term Paper Source! Most of the time, your response will fall into one of the research paper on ajax, following categories: You will agree with the author and back your agreement up with logic or personal experience. My Family! You will disagree with the paper on ajax, author because of your experience or knowledge (although you may have sympathy with the author's position).

You will agree with part of the author's points and disagree with others. You will agree or disagree with the author but feel that there is argumentative men women, a more important or different point which needs to be discussed in addition to what is in paper the article. How will this article fit into your own paper? How will you be able to use it? Here are some questions you can answer to term paper, help you think about your response: What is your personal reaction to the essay? What common ground do you have with the author? How are your experiences the same or different from the author's and research paper on ajax how has your experience influenced your view?

What in the essay is new to you? Do you know of any information the article left out that is relevant to the topic? What in this essay made you re-think your own view? What does this essay make you think about? What other writing, life experience, or information would help you think about this article? What do you like or dislike about the essay and/or the ideas in the essay? How much of your response is term paper, related to your personal experience? How much is research paper, related to was earl douglas of the somme essay, your own worldview? How is this feeling related to the information you know? How will this information be useful for you in writing your own essay?

What position does this essay support? Or where might you use this article in research paper on ajax technology your essay? You can use your answers to essay men women, the questions above to help you formulate your response. Research On Ajax! Here is a sample of how you can put this together into your own essay (for more sample essays, see the links above): Before reading this article, my understanding of this topic was ___________. In my own experience, I have found ___________ and because of a boy, this, my reaction to this essay is paper, ___________. Interestingly, I have ___________ as common ground with the author/audience . Argumentative Essay Men Women! What was new to me is research technology, ___________. This essay makes me think ___________. I like/dislike ___________ in the essay.

I will use this article in my research essay for ___________. Summary Analysis Response to Men and of the essay Women in Conversation. by Virginia Kearney 7. Summary, Analysis, Response Essay Example. by Virginia Kearney 0. Writing Summary, Analysis, Response Papers. by Virginia Kearney 3.

100 Argument or Position Essay Topics with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 37. 100 Science Topics for Research Papers. by Virginia Kearney 108. How to Write a Proposal Essay/Paper. by Laura Writes 40. Virginia Kearney 2 weeks ago from United States. Hi Cathy, I tell my students that you want to include the examples you need to make your point clear, but you don't want to summarize everything.

Hello, Thank you so much for your guide. Research Paper! Is it necessary to include the argumentative essay men women, author's examples in an analytical argumentative essay? Virginia Kearney 6 weeks ago from United States. Rodsy, I'm so glad that this has helped you. I hope you will continue to use my other guides and sample papers to complete your other projects. Rodsy Karim Taseen 6 weeks ago. Thank you so much for making it easy. Now I along with my group members can complete our assignment on research technology, writing summary on different research papers, based on the filed of paper, International Business. Thank you so much!

I really appreciate the effort put into your work. Research Technology! :) this will really help me now and in future. Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from United States. Hi, Chloe! It would depend in part what sort of assignment you've been given. Generally, in doing a summary, you do not need to put the information exactly in the same order as the original paper. The important thing in summarizing is that you actually understand the information clearly enough that you can put it into your own words. I'm guessing that with the title, the article has a number of about, reasons why we should allow the drugs. If the reasons can be grouped, into 3-4 types of reasons, that would be your best organization technique.

For example, I can image that the reasons to allow performance enhancing drugs are probably: We can't prevent athletes from getting around the rules. We have better athletic contests if we allow drugs. We don't have the right to research, tell athletes what they are doing with their own bodies. I'm not sure what your article says, but I'm guessing that you could group the reasons around a few themes and organize your summary that way. hi there, i am doing a science report on Why we should allow performance enhancing drugs in sport and the article has 12 subheadings and i am supposed to summarize all of them. What structure would i put the paragraphs in source so it isn't just random information summarizing the subsections, and research i have an college admissions, actual format to follow? Thank you :)

Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from United States. Hi, Brad! You are probably needing one of my other articles if you are doing an argumentative essay. Research Technology! When you do an argument, you actually need to writing, have a main claim that you want to persuade your audience to believe. Paper On Ajax! The analysis part of that sort of essay means that you evaluate the pros and cons of other ideas about that claim. I don't use the term analytical argumentative essay in was earl douglas the butcher of the somme my class but I do teach this same idea. I call it persuasive essay, or argument essay and I have several articles that tell you how to write that sort of on ajax technology, essay. Look at the links to the side or search for them on Letterpile using my name. Would this be considered an essay my family, outline for research, an analytical Argumentative essay?

Virginia Kearney 5 months ago from United States. Hi--If you are doing a summary, analysis, and response, then you do it the same as we've described here except that you would summarize the story and then analyze whether it was told effectively and finally give a response. If you are actually talking about writing a narrative paper about something that happened to you, you need to see my article on How to Write a Reflective Essay with Sample Essays. Term Paper Source! Search for it on Letterpile or on research on ajax, my profile page. cletusoe12 @gmail.com 5 months ago. How can I write a story of a personal encounter in haig of the an accident.

In narrative essay. Please can you give me example? Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from United States. Hi Mimi--In the response section, you can explain how you are going to use that article in research on ajax your research paper. You might want to see my article on How to do an Annotated Bibliography, which also includes a sample. Virginia Kearney 6 months ago from paper, United States. Glad this is helpful to you Flor. I am not currently doing online tutoring but it is interesting for on ajax, you to ask this because I've been considering setting up a website with videos and some live instruction help. what a great way to explain you have used here. Are you interested in doing tutoring online?

I would love to have the opportunity to be tutor by you. Hello, I am actually working on three articles and my supervisor asked to make a summary including analysis.But what I would like to know how can I show that these three articles are related to my future research paper?how can I analyze them?can you please help me? I love the way this website gives steps and examples. I love how you can distinguish all of this into a boy resume, your on understanding. All of research on ajax technology, this explaining is a great source for anything. You have to writing proposal argument essay, love everything about this site. This is the best. Virginia Kearney 9 months ago from United States.

Hi Brianna--If you are doing a summary of an research paper technology, article, then I would do that first. Admissions! If you are not responding to a particular article, then you should give a summary of the paper on ajax technology, situation around this law and the different sides of the about, argument. Then pose a question which is interesting to you. Your response will be more interesting if you go beyond just the idea of whether this is good or bad. Here are some ideas: Is this an effective strategy for pro-life groups to use? Does just raising the research technology, issue of burial change the resume, conversation about abortion? Should women considering abortion have to think about burying their baby? How can I come up with a theme for research on ajax, my response paper. I am responding to the Texas new law that requires burial for aborted fetuses.

Any ideas? Virginia Kearney 9 months ago from United States. Thanks for letting me know Seza! This type of essay is not very well explained in essay many textbooks and that is what led me to research paper on ajax, write these instructions and writing proposal essay ask my students to post examples. Since I've been using these instructions, I've found my students do a much better job at research paper on ajax writing these kinds of essays, which is important because the thinking you do while writing these essays is admissions essay introduction, what prepares you for doing good research. This post has been of great help for me and my friends. Thank you very much. Excellent lesson.

It helped me with reviewing summarizing with some of my students who were still having difficulty. I especially liked the paper on ajax, chart. Essay! However, please change adjective to paper, adverbs. Thanks for the information. Very good insight on analysis description. I want to thank you for your time and effort in resume helping people be all they can be. Keep up the great work.

Virginia Kearney 12 months ago from on ajax technology, United States. Thanks Singapore! I love the paper source, fact that what I write and use to teach has helped people all over the world. Research Paper On Ajax! I'm approaching 8 million views now! Thanks from Singapore! It's for literature :) Virginia Kearney 12 months ago from United States. Thanks Simon! I've done a lot of writing over the years and I enjoy experimenting with different styles. I like the style of your post writing. It's very rare to find something like this.

This my second semester in the university and I have to write. Analysis essay I find your site very helpful for me. Really thank you. Virginia Kearney 16 months ago from United States. Hi Ercan! Since I started writing online in was earl douglas of the somme essay 2008, I've been amazed to see people from all over the world reading my work and technology being helped by the information I've developed for my students at college here in the United States. Having had students from many other countries in my own classroom, I know that sometimes they have not gotten much instruction from native English speakers. Term Source! I am glad to be able to provide help for free to improve student's written English.

Ercan Oztoktay 16 months ago. Thanks so much from turkey. My first time to write a summary of research paper, a 4-page research paper, this useful article really helped me, thanks :) I don't know why I should go to admissions essay introduction, school. This is the right place. It's helping me in research paper on ajax my English composition 2 class.thank you.

Virginia Kearney 22 months ago from United States. Hi Ed, I'm not sure what your instructor means by writing with authority. They may mean they want you to argumentative essay, quote reliable, authoritative sources. In speech, we show authority by on ajax technology using declarative sentences which tell people what to do, such as, Be sure you write clear sentences using concrete adjectives and vivid adverbs. I suggest you ask your instructor for some examples of what they want you to do. Hello Professor Lynne. I have to write an essay with authority, can you advise me why type of essay men women, words I can use to show my point? By the way the topic is dealing Information Technology.

Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Thanks yakul for your comment. As a writer, I know I am always learning and improving too! Matty Fernandez 2 years ago from Passaic, NJ. I have to turn in a summary page for Critical Thinking. You've helped me lots! Please follow me. Christy Maria 2 years ago. I am a student in research technology University right now and essay my family I have to write response papers so often. This article is extremely useful for me so im going to make sure to save it and look back on it when I have my next paper due!

Thankyou. Najat 2 years ago from research paper on ajax, Rottherdam - NL. i like your hub, great sharing, i love the instructions. greeting from Hijama. Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Aesta--glad to source, know this helped you. My class is paper technology, structured so that my students have to plan before they write, and college then get feedback from peers before re-writing. Many of them don't like that process because they want to get it all done in one sitting, but after they have gone through this process for research paper technology, a semester, they begin to realize that stopping to organize their thoughts first often means that the writing goes much more quickly.

In the end, it takes less time! Mary Norton 2 years ago from Ontario, Canada. Enjoyed reading your hub as it is really well written and very substantial. I need to term, digest this information and start applying this in my work. I often just write spontaneously, no outline, and I organize this after. Armed with these questions to ask as I write, maybe I can really put substance into my random thoughts. Lloyd Jenkins 3 years ago. This was great information, it will help me in paper technology my English class this semester. Organization is key in writing a good summary and response.

Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. Organised Kaos--do you really live in Tasmania? That seems like a fairy tale place to me. Of course, as I write that, I realize that the places I've lived, Southern California, Texas and Florida may seem like fairy tale places to people in other parts of the world! Good luck on your college career. I went back to graduate school after 10 years of working and a boy found that I enjoyed going to school so very much more than I had when I was younger. I actually enjoyed the chance to learn things. As a professor, I really enjoy having students like yourself because their life experiences make their writing much more interesting.

Actually, that reminds me that last semester I had a student from Australia who was older because he had been a professional Rugby player for research paper, several years before coming to men women, the U.S. to go to college and play American football. The whole class enjoyed all of his experiences and I'm sure your classmates will enjoy yours too. Anne 3 years ago from Hobart, Tasmania. Australia.(The little bit broken off the bottom of AUS) Thanks for a great hub. Just about to on ajax technology, go back to college after 20 years and am a little nervous about having forgotten this kinda stuff. Will be following you too as I want to be able to refer at a later date, back to your instruction. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. How interesting Maddie--thanks for letting me know. My husband is a scientist and a boy I love doing technology and paper science papers with my class in the second semester. I will have to think about doing some more topic ideas for college admissions essay, science classes.

I'm doing this for research, science. Anarkali Suits 4 years ago. “Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly -- they’ll go through anything. You read and argument essay you’re pierced.” This page is a great method to paper technology, connect to others. Congratulations on a job well achieved. I am anticipating your next. Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. B. Essay Introduction! Leekley--absolutely! I'm so glad that you recognized that responsive reading doesn't just have to be to texts. On Ajax Technology! Anything that provides us something to think about can be put into a responsive reading.

You've reminded me that I need to essay, add my own Hub which responded to a Harvard Study on the effect of going to 4th of July celebrations to my links. Brian Leekley 5 years ago from Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA. Thank you for this interesting and helpful hub. I have bookmarked it. I can foresee myself writing hubs that are responses to hubs that argue for a philosophical or political position. Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. I'm glad!

I'm just now grading my student's Summary, Analysis and Response essays and I'm so pleased that they have really understood how to do this paper. I'm hoping my directions this semester have been clearer. We did two days of peer editing, which I think helped. This paper is similar to the Reading Response paper, and both of these Hubs are are the very top in number of hits, so I think that many people have trouble on these essays and the textbooks don't always describe them well. Many thanks Virginia..you made things a lot simpler for me!

Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from United States. johnsdfd--good question. On Ajax Technology! Yes--I should add that to the hub. You do a bibliographic entry in either mla or apa style at college admissions essay the top, then the summary/analysis/response is on ajax technology, below. htodd 5 years ago from United States. Great post virginialynne..Thanks.

Virginia Kearney 5 years ago from douglas haig somme essay, United States. Glad I helped you nico! My class is just starting on this essay now and so I was looking at my Hubviews and very surprised to find this one had over 3,000! I really published it for my own classes, but the class I'm teaching now is the first one that will use it. Paper Technology! Guess there are a lot of other people out college, there needing help! Virginia Kearney 6 years ago from United States. Thanks! I think that a lot of the instructions given for essays really don't help you know how to organize them.

I've actually learned a lot about research on ajax, writing by trying to figure out how to teach other people! Rose Clearfield 6 years ago from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Well written. I like how you break everything down. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Write My Research Paper -
CULTURAL FACTORS in WEB DESIGN - JATIT

Retail Resume: Sample and Complete Guide [+20 Examples] You're about to research technology, get a job in retail. One where you rub elbows with fun people. Spark off them. One with great perks like full health benefits.

Or a concierge service for doing oil changes while you work. You want that retail job. But between you and it, like CeCe Drake in Pretty Little Liars , stands a wall of retail resumes 300 high. How will you get past that wall? You'll do it with a resume for retail that makes you stand out like a jumbotron. A retail resume example that gets attention. How to write a basic retail resume. The best format for a retail clerk resume. My Family. The best way to write skills and keywords on a resume for retail.

Here's a sample resume for paper on ajax, retail made using our resume builder. Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. It’s fast and my family easy to use. Research On Ajax. Plus, you'll get tips and right vs. wrong examples while writing your resume.

See +20 resume templates and create your resume here. What's the Best Format for a Retail Resume? Picture a retail manager. Her name's Megan, and she's hiring. She's sitting in her office, wading through a sea of retail resumes. Nice potted philodendron. One thing that makes it easier? Errors. Typos, poor formatting, spelling mistakes, and bad grammar. She gets to toss all those resumes in the rejects pile.

Make it to the next level by choosing the best format for a retail resume. Pick a trusted layout like the was earl douglas the butcher somme essay, reverse-chronological format. On Ajax. It puts your best accomplishments up front. That's important, because Megan spends just six seconds looking at each resume. Use clear, legible fonts, big headings, and about a boy white space to give Megan's eyes a rest. Finally, save your retail clerk resume as a PDF. PDFs don't change from research paper on ajax technology one computer to the next . Pro Tip: Check the job posting to writing argument, see if PDF retail resumes are prohibited. Some Applicant Tracking Systems have a hard time with PDF resumes. How to Write a Resume Summary or Resume Objective. How can you get the research on ajax, hiring manager to spend more than a few seconds looking at your retail resume? You can do it with a top notch resume summary or resume objective.

A resume summary is for anyone with shelves full of experience. A resume objective works for term paper source, applicants that need restocking. See, most resumes say the same thing: I've got people skills. I'm experienced. Hire me. Instead, wake that manager.

Shake her. Use specifics. Add details that engage her interest fast . See the luxury retail resume examples below: Enthusiastic retail clerk with 3+ years experience. Seeking to boost REI KPIs through proven skills in sales and research on ajax technology customer loyalty. Admissions Introduction. Maintained 93% positive customer reviews and 21% above average repeat customer scores. Run own YouTube product knowledge channel with 1,500 views a month. Retail clerk with 3 years experience, seeking retail job.

Skilled in sales, customer loyalty, and product knowledge. See the research, difference? The first retail resume sample shows you are a skilled surgeon behind that register. Resume. The second seats you on a throne of lies. Now. Paper. What if you don't have that kind of experience? In that case, write an objective statement for your retail associate resume. Two Entry Level Retail Resume Objective Examples. Do you lack experience? Does your basic retail resume look like an proposal argument essay empty shelf?

We'll fix that, starting with a resume objective statement. Objective statements work for entry-level retail workers, or anybody seeking a new niche. Hard-working retail associate, skilled in POS tech and inventory management. Seeking to paper on ajax technology, increase sales and customer loyalty at term paper Chiller Outfitters. Built volunteer retail experience at Goodwill as cashier and restocker, receiving management commendation for excellent customer communication. Entry-level retail associate with BA from Williams College. Seeking real world experience in retail. Paper On Ajax. No experience yet but I'm very energetic. That second retail clothing resume example makes you look like a standee. The first one gets the hiring manager's attention. Source. Why?

Because it shows you can do retail duties, even though you haven't had a real-world retail job yet. Pro Tip: A couple days of paper on ajax technology, volunteer experience looks great on a resume. See the next section for tips on how to get it. How to Describe Your Retail Experience. Is experience important on a retail resume? Only if you want the best retail jobs. You know. The ones with flex scheduling, onsite medical, and deep discounts for employees. To get those jobs, write a retail clerk resume that wakes up the hiring manager like a date with Elf. Tailor your experience to the job description.

If you do, you'll stop being generic cornflakes and essay my family turn into technology the HR manager's best friend. List your most recent job near the top of term, your retail resume. Add 4-6 bullet points that show accomplishments. How to Describe a Retail Job on a Resume. Fulfilled all retail clerk duties in a high-end sales outlet. Handled customer-service including POS, sales, and paper on ajax inventory management. Maintained high-level product knowledge. Received 95% positive marks for conveying product features and benefits, as reported in customer surveys. Built customer loyalty through fostering stronger relationships. Retained average repeat-customer scores 21% higher than other associates.

Used expert level communications skills to zero in on true customer needs. Overall 93% positive ratings from customers in post-sales surveys. Retail clerk at essay about high-end sales outlet. Handled all day-to-day customer service retail duties. Ran POS system. Research Paper Technology. Conducted daily sales.

Big difference, right? With that first example, you could get a job selling magic wands at douglas haig the butcher somme Ollivander's. But what about a retail associate resume with no experience ? How to paper, Write a Retail Resume with no Experience. Here are two tips to stuff an empty resume like a Black Friday circular. First: Troll your past non-retail jobs to dig up hidden retail gems. Second: volunteer or take a temporary retail job. But I need money now. I don't have time to volunteer. You don't have to spend months, or even a full week. Just a day or two will do. Hey, presto!

Instant retail resume experience. Two Retail Resume Samples (No Experience) July 2017 - August 2017. Served as retail associate in about resume thriving Goodwill outlet. Research Paper On Ajax Technology. Managed all retail duties, including cashier work, restocking, and customer communication. Assisted with sorting and inventorying donations.

Improved efficiency of essay, donations processing by 55% over other current associates. Technology. Maintained zero errors with the douglas the butcher of the essay, POS system. Research On Ajax. Commended by management for haig the butcher of the essay, excellent customer communication. Ran cashier position. Cashed out paper technology, register daily. Interacted with over 200 customers per day.

Self-Employed College Student. Interacted with several customers per weekend. Paper. Frequently upsold customers to hedge trimming and paper on ajax technology leaf raking. Retail Experience: None yet, but I'm a very fast learner. Other Experience: Waited tables, mowed lawns.

Poof. Argumentative Men Women. That first retail resume sample could get you behind the research paper technology, register in a boy the gift shop at Asgard. Yet it wasn't hard to build. You already had retail experience from previous jobs even if you had little to no store experience. And you did that volunteer gig in a few days' time. Pro Tip: Retail clerk and research paper retail associate are two keywords managers search for. Use the one that's listed in the job description in your resume. Now that you know how to put experience on essay about my family a retail salesman resume, pep it up with action words. Need some? See our guide: +80 Examples of Resume Action Words for Every Profession Is Your Education Section Cashing Out? It Might Be.

The best thing about a career in retail? No one cares about your education. Right? If you have one, use it to technology, make your already good retail resume shine. It doesn't really matter if it's high school or college. The real gold's in the details. Pursued a passion for sociology coursework. Excelled in four years of Spanish classes. Placed secon d in the W.S.C. Public Speaking Contest. As different as Sears and Sephora, right?

The first sample shows actual useful retail training. But it wasn't any harder to make. Need an example to follow? Use the sample retail resume at the top of this article. Pro Tip: Don't have a college degree? Find accomplishments from high school that prove you have the skills shown in source the job description. How to Put Skills on a Resume for a Retail Employee. Remember our hiring manager, Megan? She's looking for skills on every retail resume she reads. But not just any skills.

How can you know what skills to put on research technology a resume for retail? First, search the job description. Then, find more skills in other job offers online. Finally, use our list of retail skills below. Pro Tip: Try to find out what POS system the hiring store uses. Introduction. Some POS systems, like Shopify, post free online tutorials . Research Technology. In half an douglas haig the butcher hour of research paper on ajax technology, online viewing, you can add some nice flair to your retail resume. The Real Secret to Putting Retail Skills on a Resume. Ready for admissions, the real magic?

Don't just list your skills. Prove them in paper on ajax technology your experience and source education sections. Let's take a sample retail resume job description. It values management skills , building customer loyalty , and increasing sales figures . Fulfilled daily retail manager duties , including scheduling, inventory management, problem solving, and research on ajax technology taking disciplinary action. College Essay Introduction. Increased sales figures by 75% over previous manager through better application of corporate devised promotions. Built customer loyalty through better deployment of customer rewards programs through all retail clerks.

Increased repeat business 23%. Bam. With a professional retail resume like that, you could get a job running The Magic Box from Buffy the Vampire Slayer . Pro Tip: Once you've proven your skills in research paper on ajax your experience section, do it in your education section too. Even listing a passion for argument, public speaking classes counts. How to Add Other Sections for an Effective Resume. Imagine you're a retail resume. You're in a pile of 300+ others, just like you. The only research on ajax, way to do that is by looking different. One great way is other sections.

You know: hobbies, interests, activities, and volunteer work. Things that aren't work experience, education, or skills. But there's a special way to do it. You don't want to add generic info. That's like using camouflage when you want neon. Retail Resume Sample Other Sections. Basic First Aid CPR RiseUp Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification. Review products in source own YouTube Channel. Get 1,500 views/month. Avid listener, The Advanced Selling Podcast. Regular reader of books about research paper sales.

Organized a charity snowboard event for the local animal shelter. (2016) Help out my family in english, once a month at the Summerville Food Pantry. Avid whitewater kayaker. Write and paper technology publish short fiction stories. Poof. You just went from mannequin to manager material. Pro Tip: Are special retail certifications worth it? Don't agonize if you don't have one. That said, a certification proves you take retail seriously enough to put in extra effort. Here's the Most Common Myth About Cover Letters. Ready? Here it comes:

Nobody reads cover letters anymore. The truth is 40% of hiring managers still consider cover letters mandatory. In other words, you need to write one for each and every retail resume you send. Don't be frightened. Retail cover letters are short and college easy.

The best cover letters for retail jobs call the hiring manager by name. They say one detail you like about the company. They say two details about research you that will help the about my family, company. (Pick the best wins from research technology your retail resume.) They close with a call to action, like, I'd love to talk more with you about your needs. Pro Tip: After you send in your retail associate resume and cover letter, follow up! A well-timed thank-you email can remind the hiring manager to take another look at admissions essay introduction your resume. How to Add Contact Info to Your Resume.

Do you really need help adding contact info to a basic retail resume? You already know to add your: Full Name Updated Phone Number Professional Email Address. Karen Welihan, karenwelihan@gmail.com - 857-869-2379. Use a professional email address. No RetailGirlDawnOfTheDead47798@yahoo.com.

Then, think about Megan, our hiring manager. Paper. Let's say she likes your perfect retail resume for sales assistants. She wants to admissions essay introduction, know more about research paper on ajax you. Give her a way. Argument. Add your LinkedIn profile, Twitter handle, or other online hangouts. Pro Tip: Is your Facebook profile clean enough for a hiring manager to see? Do some spring cleaning, with our guide to on ajax, cleaning up your online presence . A Sample Retail Resume Job Description.

Here's a sample job description for a retail resume. Why am I showing you this? Because I want you to think, as you read it, What are the keywords I'll hit in proposal my resume? How will I tailor my own skills and accomplishments to fit? As a Shindlee's Retail Clerk, you'll bring magic to our customers. Shindlee's sales clerks provide outstanding customer service, exceed sales goals, and share superior product knowledge with customers.

Properly use proprietary POS system technology. Determine customer needs based on effective communication. Build and communicate expert knowledge of store products. Meet daily sales goals. Pro Tip: To save time, build a couple bare bones retail resume templates you can tweak to fit each job description. Research Paper. The up-front work will pay off big. Want more tips to fit your retail management resume to the job like a custom-crafted sales pitch? See our guide: 6 Tips on How to Tailor Your Resume to college admissions essay introduction, a Job Description (Examples) Even with example retail resumes, making your own tailored version isn't easy. Start with the retail job description.

Highlight all the research, skills and duties in it. Source. This is a must for on ajax technology, retail manager resumes and essay retail sales associate resumes alike. Prove you can walk the talk by paper on ajax salting those skills throughout your retail sales resumes. Put them in term paper source your experience and education sections. Add other sections to paper technology, your retail resume, like hobbies and interests. Other sections make you stand out admissions essay, like a clerk from the research on ajax technology, Emerald City's Wash Brush Up Co. Got questions or tips about how to make a great retail resume? Give us a shout in about a boy the comments section!

Tom Gerencer is a founder and former owner of MediaNortheast Video Production and Training Without Boredom. Research Technology. A full-time writer in about resume the fields of research paper on ajax, personal finance and college essay introduction career advice, Tom lives in West Virginia with his wife Kathy, two children and a couple of research, ornery dogs.

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Research paper on ajax technology - …

A2 yeast respiration coursework Watch. sooo. Research Paper? I get that it will be the writing proposal difference between the paper substrates, whether they are mono/di/poly saccarides and essay about my family, how easily they can get through the paper membrane of the men women yeast. Research? But seeing as this is about a boy resume, wine production, and research paper, I think that is term, anaerobic (?) then would you have a layer of research technology oil over the water? Nah i'm pretty sure that you don't need oil over resume the water. On Ajax Technology? i didn't have any with mine but then i was just observing the was earl douglas essay respiration not necessarily anaerobic. span Follow 14 followers 3 badges Send a private message to Cirsium. Paper Technology? So yeh basically the writing essay larger carb will have a longer lag phase as the paper on ajax yeast has to writing proposal essay, synthesise more enzymes and research on ajax, stuff. A Boy? span Follow 1 follower 2 badges Send a private message to on ajax, Steph! We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on my family, The Student Room, helping to research on ajax, make it a fun, safe and useful place to argument essay, hang out. Research Paper On Ajax? 0 new posts Law uni books for admissions essay introduction, sale Started by: molllsmith Forum: Law Replies: 2 Last post: 1 minute ago conference Started by: nitinlambe7 Forum: Chemistry Replies: 1 Last post: 1 minute ago Favourite 80's songs? Started by: Zxyn Forum: Music Replies: 364 Last post: 1 minute ago Should I do a law conversion course? Started by: harrietlewis102 Forum: Law Replies: 0 Last post: 1 minute ago Should there be other (non- uni) routes into research paper Medicine/ becoming a doctor? Started by: Ambitious1999 Forum: Medicine Replies: 7 Last post: 1 minute ago Need some advice do i accept unconditional offer or not Started by: Jasonn789 Forum: Applications, Clearing and admissions essay introduction, UCAS Replies: 8 Last post: 2 minutes ago Negative effects of PORN on research paper on ajax, our society Started by: webwolfwizard Forum: Society Replies: 35 Last post: 2 minutes ago Oxford Medicine 2018 entry Started by: Ecds Forum: Medicine Replies: 20 Last post: 2 minutes ago Medical EPQ Questions Started by: Joe_351_C Forum: A-levels Replies: 1 Last post: 2 minutes ago Trigonometry graph?

Started by: kundanad Forum: Maths Replies: 1 Last post: 4 minutes ago Best univisrsity for was earl douglas haig of the, English Language and research technology, Linguistics Started by: kaiabateman Forum: English and was earl haig of the essay, linguistics Replies: 0 Last post: 4 minutes ago I May Be Late. Research Paper On Ajax? Started by: Storme.Bubble Forum: Oxbridge QA Replies: 0 Last post: 6 minutes ago Stuck on a maths question please help. Essay My Family? Started by: Jazvinak Forum: GCSEs Replies: 1 Last post: 6 minutes ago The Official Cambridge Applicants 2018 Thread Started by: Banana00 Forum: University of Cambridge Replies: 2462 Last post: 7 minutes ago Cambridge Computer Science Application Started by: Thilakshan Forum: Computer Science and research paper on ajax technology, IT Replies: 2 Last post: 7 minutes ago Liverpool International College Started by: shevvvvv Forum: Advice on everyday issues Replies: 1 Last post: 8 minutes ago Official CAMBRIDGE 2018 Postgraduate Applicants thread Started by: TheLawLlama Forum: Postgraduate Applications Replies: 88 Last post: 9 minutes ago John Lewis Group Assessment Interview Started by: Sammy_789 Forum: Advice on essay introduction, everyday issues Replies: 2 Last post: 12 minutes ago Frontline social work video interview Started by: Jamul Forum: Social Work university courses Replies: 24 Last post: 13 minutes ago Lifting weights Started by: Implication Forum: Fitness blogs Replies: 597 Last post: 13 minutes ago See more 0 new posts Interview dates Started by: cost.campo Forum: Applications, Clearing and UCAS Replies: 7 Last post: 28 minutes ago Favourite 80's songs? Started by: Zxyn Forum: Music Replies: 364 Last post: 1 minute ago Need some advice do i accept unconditional offer or not Started by: Jasonn789 Forum: Applications, Clearing and research technology, UCAS Replies: 8 Last post: 2 minutes ago Who actually still goes to resume, University for on ajax, the education? Started by: HelpMe?? Forum: Educational debate Replies: 18 Last post: 2 hours ago Count to essay, a hundred before a Mod, Supermod or Admin posts MKXXIV Started by: mccrae01 Forum: Forum games Replies: 4077 Last post: 40 minutes ago Do I count as a mature student?

Started by: goonhoon Forum: Applications, Clearing and research paper technology, UCAS Replies: 2 Last post: 55 minutes ago Frontline social work video interview Started by: Jamul Forum: Social Work university courses Replies: 24 Last post: 13 minutes ago medical schools with low UKCAT requirement Started by: christineq Forum: Medicine Replies: 17 Last post: 26 minutes ago Stats Question HELP! Started by: kundanad Forum: Maths Replies: 4 Last post: 2 hours ago Trigonometry graph? Started by: kundanad Forum: Maths Replies: 1 Last post: 4 minutes ago medical school entrance Started by: niroabs1989 Forum: A-levels Replies: 2 Last post: 53 minutes ago I have a crush But she have a crush on introduction, someone other Started by: ManzarEjaz29 Forum: Relationships Replies: 4 Last post: 1 Hour Ago Funding situation. Started by: Zamasu Forum: Open University Replies: 2 Last post: 24 minutes ago conference Started by: nitinlambe7 Forum: Chemistry Replies: 1 Last post: 1 minute ago Stuck on paper technology, a maths question please help. Started by: Jazvinak Forum: GCSEs Replies: 1 Last post: 6 minutes ago applying for was earl douglas the butcher of the essay, English - Brasenose or St Peters? Started by: bbgrey48 Forum: University of research technology Oxford Replies: 3 Last post: 2 hours ago Name something good that has happened to you today Started by: Rum Ham Forum: Chat Replies: 1104 Last post: 2 hours ago University of proposal Central Lancashire 2017 Entry Started by: ukhopeful94 Forum: Medical Schools Replies: 72 Last post: 2 hours ago Continuity Correction? Started by: kundanad Forum: Maths Replies: 0 Last post: 2 hours ago Can someone please mark my short story Started by: Yeah_Boi_101 Forum: English study help Replies: 2 Last post: 1 Hour Ago See more 0 new posts See more. Copyright The Student Room 2017 all rights reserved.

The Student Room, Get Revising and technology, Marked by was earl somme Teachers are trading names of research technology The Student Room Group Ltd. Register Number: 04666380 (England and was earl the butcher essay, Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE.

Best Custom Academic Essay Writing Help & Writing Services UK Online -
Research Paper IMPACT OF AJAX IN WEB APPLICATIONS …

SAT / ACT Prep Online Guides and Tips. If you took the ACT with Writing in September, October, or December of paper technology, 2015, you may have been taken by surprise by essay men women the change in the essay prompt (compared to previous ACT Writing tests). And when you got your scores back. well, you may have been even more confused. While the change in the ACT essay format was announced ahead of time, the full explanation of how the Writing scores would be normalized was not made clear until after the first administration of the paper new ACT Writing test. Because of this, ACT, Inc. faced a bit of controversy about the scoring of the men women new Writing test. Now they've returned to a 12-point scoring scale, with a more transparent calculation system. Read on paper on ajax, to learn what all this means for you. feature image credit: Shock and Awe by Pascal.

Public domain. Some Quick Background Information. Saturday, September 12, 2015 was the first worldwide administration of the new ACT Writing Test . Argumentative Essay Men Women? The changes to the essay included a completely different assignment, a different scoring system (essay scores range from 1-36 instead of 2-12), and a different amount of time for the essay (40 minutes instead of 30). These parameters were made publicly available beforehand (although they were not perhaps publicized as widely as they could have been), so while some students didn’t realize the test was changing, that part wasn't entirely ACT, Inc.'s fault. Many students applying early decision or early action to schools had thought that taking the research paper September ACT would leave plenty of time for their scores to my family in english, be ready before those November 1 st Early Decision or Early Action deadlines. After all, in the past, multiple choice scores had been released by a couple of weeks after the test date, and Writing scores by a couple of weeks after that. Even though ACT, Inc. gave its standard caution that scores could take as much as 8 weeks, most students expected (reasonably) that their scores would be in and sent to colleges well before the ED/EA deadlines. It rapidly became apparent, however, that scoring the Writing tests was taking longer than usual , presumably because of the new scoring for the new Writing test.

On October 14th (about one month after the September 12th test date), one student complained: My writing score isn't up yet, even though I got my multiple choice scores 2 weeks ago. This is so frustrating. Six days later, students and research paper on ajax technology parents alike were starting to argumentative essay, get nervous. Research Paper Technology? As one parent wrote, . apparently most people who took the college September 12th test have still not received their complete scores, which is paper on ajax technology, putting some ED applications in jeopardy. Proposal? (I have a niece in this situation.) The concern students were feeling about not having their Writing scores back rapidly snowballed when it was realized that, if you take the ACT with Writing, ACT, Inc. won't send out research on ajax technology, your score report at college admissions essay introduction all until your essay has been graded . This meant that if your essay wasn’t graded before the end of October (or before October 15th, in the case of some ED/EA deadlines), whatever school(s) you were applying to wouldn’t even get to see your multiple choice scores on English, Math, Reading, and Science for the September ACT. Soon, the frenzy about the delay in Writing scores spread beyond (mainly student-populated) forums to online news sites. As Examiner.com reported: So far, ACT has refused to support students affected by the absence of Writing scores by sending colleges official score reports minus the technology Writing score for those needing these results for early consideration.

No reason has been provided, only an indication that it’s not the policy of ACT to about, send partial results. This policy made many students and parents less than happy with ACT, Inc. “Still no writing score. As many of you, cannot get scores out without writing. We reached out to some colleges to let them know that an updated score would be coming. Research Technology? Very disappointing, as ACT released the MC choice later than expected (states on their website most score are released within 2 weeks.

So of was earl douglas haig the butcher of the somme essay, course they did not release the MC scores timely, and then once again, falsely state that the writing score would be available 14 days after MC scores are released -- again, did not occur. So, same story as you all -- and then of course those who still have not even received your MC scores -- my heart goes out to you. Bottom line - ACT needs to revise their processes, it's just not working well or fairly.” Most likely as a result of the outcry from students and parents, ACT, Inc. reached out to schools in October to notify them of the issue with the research technology delay in score release. Inside Higher Ed reported that ACT, Inc. Source? had sent an email to the National Association of College Admission Counseling urging colleges to allow screenshots of research on ajax, multiple-choice scores from the September ACT as a stopgap measure. While many students were unhappy with the score delay, however, it was clear that ACT, Inc. was still within the timeframe it had set out for argumentative essay, itself for research technology, grading the essays. As another College Confidential poster wrote: There is no fiasco. When we signed up for the Sept. Was Earl Haig Somme Essay? test, the paper website very clearly stated what bluebayou posted above. This means that some people will not have their complete score report until after Nov.

1, since 8 weeks after Sept. Argumentative Men Women? 12 is technology, clearly after Nov. 1. Admissions? D has received all of research paper technology, her scores, including writing, as of essay, last week. But we went in research knowing that they might be late enough that she'd miss an EA date or two. Was Earl The Butcher Somme Essay? I don't know why it's shocking to paper on ajax technology, people that ACT is releasing scores exactly as the website says it will. So. some students thought they’d be able to squeeze in one more ACT before early decision/early action deadlines, but it turns out about a boy resume, they were wrong.

So what? Well, the ACT Writing scoring saga doesn’t stop there. When students finally did get their scores back, confusion still abounded over how exactly these scores were reached. Students who were used to getting in paper the 30s on admissions essay introduction, all the other sections of the ACT found that they were getting essay scores in the low 20s on the Writing section . Research Paper On Ajax Technology? One student posted on Reddit: “I was really disappointed that I got a 20 on writing but 32 composite.. Essay In English? I pretty much can't send this score anymore.” For students who didn’t know there was a new prompt, or who have difficulty writing under pressure, low Writing scores weren't all that surprising. But some students soon realized that there seemed to be a disconnect between their writing subscores and their overall essay scores . As another confused student put it: “I received a 9 on research paper on ajax technology, all subscores for Writing, but my score came out to a 24. Is this correct on ACT's part, or is there a scoring error??” It seemed that the Writing scores on, for instance, the September 2015 ACT were equated differently from how ACT, Inc. had announced they'd be scored. For instance, one commenter on our blog received 11/12 on all four subscores but a 31/36 for her ACT Writing score , whereas the Preparing for the ACT 2015-2016 PDF indicated that 11/12 on all four subscores should result in a 34/36 Writing score.

Another student on essay about in english, a different site noted this same issue, writing: “…what's also weird is research technology, that the curve for the writing section changes for each administration. So, 11/11/11/11 may be a 31 on one test (like the September one) and a 34 on a different test (the 2015-2016 Official Practice Test). Writing? It seems odd that there isn't a uniform curve for the writing section. Technology? How is one prompt harder than another prompt?” Was ACT, Inc. About? changing how the Writing test was scored from test to test? If so, it hadn't made that fact clear beforehand.

Still other students saw a precipitous drop in their essay scores from one administration of the research on ajax new Writing test to the next. One angry student wrote: “I literally just got my Dec 12th test back, and my composite is a whopping 35, but my writing score is 09. This is admissions essay introduction, extremely peculiar, because the last two times I took the test, my writing scores were 34 and 35, respectively, and if anything, I only IMPROVED during my most recent attempt. Clearly my writing booklet has been mixed up with someone else's, because this is not only an inaccurate measure of my abilities, but a clear CLERICAL error.” Why the huge issues with scoring for ACT Writing? Why were normally 32+ composite scoring students getting single-digit scores on research on ajax technology, the ACT Writing? I believe that there were a couple of reasons that things went so wrong.

Every time the ACT is essay about my family in english, administered, a few tests are graded incorrectly. Whether the wrong score report gets sent out, or the research paper on ajax technology scanner read a “7” instead of argumentative essay men women, a “27,” or you didn't fill in your multiple choice answers darkly enough…these things happen. The fraction of students who are affected by these errors is so small that it’s normally not an issue. In addition, any scoring errors on the previous ACT Writing test might not have been as noticeable, since there were smaller gaps between the score points. It was conceivable that you could go from research on ajax a 11/12 on a good day to a 6/12 on a not-so-great day. However, the September and December ACT administrations were critical for early and term regular admissions deadlines , which made students hyper-conscious of any unusual blips in their scores. Add that to research paper, the change in scoring method, and there were just more people complaining about oddly low scores than usual. ACT, Inc. did finally release a concordance chart for essay, the new ACT writing test in late September. This chart explains how the research current system of ACT Writing scoring and the old system are linked.

Basically, ACT, Inc. Term Paper? ran a special score concordance study where the same group of students took both essay tests. The scores for research technology, the new ACT Writing were then normalized so that the same numbers of students got scores at each new score point as they would have on the old essay (although it wasn’t necessarily the same students in each percentile). Normalizing scores like this is a little tricky because, just like when comparing the SAT and ACT, the scores aren’t on the same scale, so some extra math is required to equate the scores. Here is a copy of the chart the ACT has released comparing the source previous out-of-12 Writing scores to the current out-of-36 Writing scores: Former ACT Writing Score. Concordant Current ACT Writing Score. As you can see, there are some pretty large leaps in the concordant scores, particularly between what used to be an 8/12 (both graders giving the essay 4/6) and a 9/12 (one grader giving the essay 4/6 and one giving it 5/6). Now, when you look at the ACT’s percentile ranking for the new Writing test, it’s clear that a 23/36 on the Writing still places you in the 83 rd percentile, which is not too shabby. But as one concerned parent pointed out: “My DD also got a 35 composite and a 23 on writing. This sounds really low, but actually correlates to the 83rd percentile.

But a 23 on the other sections correlate to percentiles in the 60s. So when colleges see a 23, will they also see the 83rd percentile, or will they assume it's much worse than it is?” And as ACT, Inc. itself admitted in a January 2016 report, A casual observer may assume that a student who received a score of 32 on ACT English, ACT Composite, and ACT writing demonstrated consistent performance, but that would be incorrect. To explain why, we need to look at the percentile ranks for all the sections, side by side. I've combined the most recent information ACT, Inc. has released for the Writing scores and for composite and section scores in the below chart: As you can see, there is a pretty big discrepancy between a 23 on paper on ajax, the Writing (which places you at about a boy or above 83 percent of all test takers) and a 23 on any of the other sections (which only research paper technology places you at or above 66-70 percent of paper, all test takers). Here's a graph that illustrates this contrast even further: That jagged purple line to the left, lagging behind all the other section scores? That's the Writing scores for the September and October 2015 ACT.

Because of research paper on ajax technology, this discrepancy, ACT, Inc. Argumentative Men Women? warns against comparing scores on the Writing test directy to scores on paper technology, the other sections of the ACT. Quoted verbatim: However, the writing proposal argument essay new writing test combines the four domain scores, which are also reported to students, into on ajax technology, an overall summary score on the 1–36 scale, making comparisons with other scores much more tempting. Perhaps too tempting! What’s particularly weird is ACT, Inc.'s explanation of this scoring difference. In the same article in which the graph appears, the writers stated that it made sense that there was more variation in writing scores because it was just one question. True enough, but the men women rest of their explanation left me baffled:

Therefore, the writing test does have significantly greater variation than other scores because it is technology, a single task, evaluated by raters using a 6-point interval scale, while other ACT tests are comprised of 40 to 75 questions. One of the big changes with the term new ACT essay is that the essay graders aren’t giving essays a holistic score any more - two graders are giving each essay four domain scores out of six, for paper on ajax, total domain scores out of twelve . Which means that the essay is really evaluated out of a 48 point raw score - not entirely dissimilar to the rest of the sections. So where does the score out of admissions essay, 36 come from? How is research on ajax technology, it being equated from the sum of the domain scores (which would be out of 48)? Well, according to ACT, Inc.:

The new writing scale score (1–36) is a nonlinear transformation of the argumentative essay sum of the two 1–to–6 rater scores on four domain scores (8–48). But while ACT, Inc. On Ajax Technology? released a preliminary chart for douglas haig the butcher, how this would work for research paper, the Preparing for writing argument, the ACT 2015-2016 practice test, it appears, as I noted earlier, that the equating may be changing from test to test. On Ajax Technology? Alas, it does not appear that a copy of the equating chart is sent out with the score report, so students have no way of was earl douglas the butcher, knowing how the score out of 36 was arrived at. Without transparency about the process, it’s understandable why some students are confused and upset . This hinge is research on ajax, just as upset as you. Admissions Introduction? If not more so! Look at paper on ajax that face. UPDATE: More Changes to ACT Writing Ahead.

Just one year after ACT, Inc. Essay My Family In English? completely overhauled the ACT Writing test, the scoring for research, the test is changing yet again. About? As of September 2016, the ACT Writing Test will no longer be scored on a scale of 1-36. Instead, students will receive a Writing score on a scale of 2-12 that is the average of all four of research, their domain scores (Ideas Analysis, Development Support, Organization, and admissions essay introduction Language Use), which are also each scored on a scale of 2-12. In addition, there are some minor changes to the wording of the research prompt that removed the necessity of discussing all three perspectives in writing proposal argument essay your essay. Here's a look at paper what the ACT essay task looked like up through June 2016: Write a unified, coherent essay in which you evaluate multiple perspectives on the conflict between public health and individual freedom. In your essay, be sure to: analyze and evaluate the perspectives given state and was earl douglas of the develop your own perspective on the issue explain the relationship between your perspective and research technology those given. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of the others, in proposal argument essay partial agreement, or wholly different. Whatever the case, support your ideas with logical reasoning and detailed, persuasive examples. And here's what it'll look like from September 2016 onwards. I've bolded the relevant change below.

Write a unified, coherent essay about the conflict between public health and individual freedom. In your essay, be sure to: clearly state your own perspective on research paper on ajax technology, the issue and analyze the relationship between your perspective and at college admissions least one other perspective develop and support your ideas with reasoning and examples organize your ideas clearly and logically communicate your ideas effectively in standard written English. Your perspective may be in full agreement with any of those given, in research paper technology partial agreement, or completely different. ACT, Inc. announced the changes to the Writing test would go into effect September 2016 as part of ACT, Inc.’s effort to “reduce confusion among users.” As stated in both the official press release and in the FAQs about the Writing section, the reason for the scoring change was due to the larger differences between the scoring of the Writing test and the English, Math, Reading, and Science subject scores. Students assumed that the scores on college admissions, the 1-36 scale meant the same thing from research paper technology one subject test to another. Douglas Haig The Butcher Of The Essay? We recognize that this is a logical assumption, but it is not a correct assumption (source: ACT Writing FAQs). The formal announcement of the research paper on ajax changes to the ACT Writing test scoring occurred June 28, 2016; however, these changes didn’t come entirely out of essay about my family in english, nowhere. Technology? We at PrepScholar first noticed something odd when reading through the newly-released “Preparing for the ACT 2016-2017” PDF in mid-June 2016.

Here's what it says on page 8, under the discussion of the source ACT Writing Test: You will receive a total of five scores for this test: a single subject-level writing score reported on a scale of 2–12, and research on ajax four domain scores based on an analytic scoring rubric. The four domain scores are: Ideas and Analysis, Development and Support, Organization, and Language Use and Conventions. Note : The subject score is the rounded average of the four domain scores. On page 62, further information was given on how to calculate your ACT Writing score for the practice test included in the PDF: So other than Step 2 (which on the real ACT will involve adding the two essay graders' scores on each rubric area together, rather than just multiplying each area score by was earl douglas the butcher of the essay two), this domain-score-averaging process is research paper on ajax, how the ACT Writing test will be scored starting September 2016 . At this point, many colleges are aware of the issues ACT, Inc. had with the was earl of the somme essay score release of the new ACT Writing. As Boston College states on its admissions website, ACT has notified us that delivery of scores this year will be delayed due to their implementation of an enhanced design to research paper, the Writing portion of the test.” Plus, by now most college application deadlines for Fall 2016 have passed, so whether or not the argumentative essay men women scores were released in time is kind of on ajax technology, a moot point. But what if you're applying to college admissions essay, colleges next year, or are still worried about a low Writing score?

What can you do about it? Some students have resorted to ordering hand-scoring for their essays to see if it affects their scores (since ACT will only send colleges the new score if it is higher). Paper? In the about resume case of at on ajax technology least one student, this was a success – the re-score took a Writing score of argumentative men women, 22 (80th percentile) up to a 28 (95th percentile). Because hand-scoring for the essay is so expensive ($50.00), it might only be worth doing if you believe that you really did receive someone else’s scores in error (i.e. if your Writing score is 6 points different from what you expected), or if the paper subscores don’t seem to correlate to term, your writing score out of 36 (e.g. subscores of on ajax, all 10s, writing score of 11/36). Unfortunately, this means that some students will be at a disadvantage, because fee waivers do not apply to a boy, hand-scoring . You do get refunded the research on ajax fee if a scoring error is found, but the initial investment of a boy resume, $50 may still be something that economically disadvantaged students don’t want to risk (if there is no score difference). Option 2: Re-take ACT Writing in September 2016.

In other cases, it might be worth taking the September or October ACTs in order to get an essay score on the more-familiar (to admissions officers) 12 point scale . I would strongly urge against depending on either of these test dates if you're applying early decision or early action for most schools, given the on ajax technology score reporting delays that were rampant last year. If you're applying regular decision, though, taking the September or October ACT Writing test could have a positive affect on your application, since a lower Writing score won't look quite as discrepant against the rest of your ACT scores. Term Paper Source? Now that ACT Writing is scored out of 12, rather than also being out of 36, schools will be less likely to paper on ajax, compare your Writing score directly to argumentative essay, your ACT English, Math, Reading, Science, and paper technology composite scores, and give a sideeye to argumentative essay men women, any huge discrepancies. For many students, however, the lower-than-expected writing scores are just a byproduct of the way the new ACT Writing section is normed. Take heart, though – many schools already view standardized test essays with a skeptical eye . As the on ajax National Council of college admissions essay introduction, Teachers of English has noted, “With respect to writing ability, the ACT's figures indicate at research best that students who do well on the test can perform the writing tasks required on the test.” It's unlikely that the ACT's updated September 2016 scoring system is going to do anything to dispel this skeptical attitude. With the SAT essay becoming optional as of term paper source, March 2016, it’s likely that fewer and fewer schools will care about the Writing section at all . And if you’re really worried about on ajax a low ACT Writing score, make sure to blow admissions officers away with a great personal statement to showcase your real writing skills. If you want to college admissions introduction, retake the ACT to paper on ajax technology, increase your Writing score , you'll need to make sure you completely understand the new prompts, what the rubric looks like, and how scoring works. Douglas Somme? Definitely make sure to check out our articles on how to get a perfect score on the ACT essay and how to write an ACT essay, step by research paper technology step. Are you within three months of the date you took the ACT and want to get your essay re-scored? You're in luck!

Find out all about how hand-scoring works here. Curious about what the difference is between test information release and hand scoring? Get the details on essay about in english, what TIR is and why you might want to order it in this article. Want to technology, improve your ACT score by 4 points? Check out our best-in-class online ACT prep program. We guarantee your money back if you don't improve your ACT score by 4 points or more.

Our program is entirely online, and it customizes what you study to your strengths and weaknesses. Term Paper Source? Along with more detailed lessons, you'll get your ACT essays hand-graded by research paper technology a master instructor who will give you customized feedback on essay about my family in english, how you can improve. We'll also give you a step-by-step program to follow so you'll never be confused about what to study next. Check out our 5-day free trial: Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article!

Laura graduated magna cum laude from Wellesley College with a BA in Music and Psychology, and earned a Master's degree in on ajax Composition from the Longy School of college essay, Music of on ajax, Bard College. Essay About My Family? She scored 99 percentile scores on research paper on ajax, the SAT and GRE and admissions introduction loves advising students on how to research paper on ajax, excel in high school. You should definitely follow us on social media. In English? You'll get updates on our latest articles right on your feed. Follow us on all 3 of our social networks: Have any questions about this article or other topics? Ask below and we'll reply! Series: How to Get 800 on Each SAT Section: Series: How to research paper, Get to 600 on Each SAT Section:

Series: How to Get 36 on Each ACT Section: Our hand-selected experts help you in a variety of essay my family, other topics! Looking for Graduate School Test Prep? Check out our top-rated graduate blogs here: Get the research paper latest articles and test prep tips! © PrepScholar 2013-2015.

All rights reserved. SAT® is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination Board TM . The College Entrance Examination. Board TM does not endorse, nor is it affiliated in any way with the owner or any content of this site.